Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Gary Neville reveals what Anthony Martial must do to be in the same level as Hazard and Salah.


Gary Neville is still not convinced about the type of player Anthony Martial actually is.
The Manchester United star has scored three times in his last two games after his stunning strike in Sunday's 2-1 victory over Everton.

Sky Sports pundit Neville was on co-commentary duty for the win over Everton and admits he continues to be confused by Martial.
"I have been watching him very closely and thinking how you would play against him and thinking about what United should do with his contract," he said on Monday Night Football.

"Do United fight for him? Is he worth fighting for? There has never been a player in the last 10 years at United that I have been as confused by.

"What is he? Do I like him? Do I not like him? I can't make my mind up.
"He is either a five or a nine. Some weeks I think he is brilliant and others I'm not sure he is a Man United player."

"What drives me crazy about him is his off-the-ball work and I am not talking about his defending.

"I got the shock of my life when I looked at his physical stats. The best players I played with were better off the ball than they were on it at times.
"He doesn't know where to be and where to run at the right times. He has got no timing in his off-the-ball runs. He doesn't quite understand the game.

"The difference between him scoring 10 and 20-25 goals in a season is that."

Neville has urged the Old Trafford hierarchy to keep faith with the 22-year old as contract negotiations continue.
"Manchester United have to show patience. They have to invest in him and I am sure they are doing," he added.
"That is where the tension has been. Mourinho has wanted a player who is ready now to win the league and he isn't ready.
"They have to persevere with him but he has to improve himself."

No comments: