Tuesday, April 18, 2017

ASHLEY YOUNG NOT SURE OF HIS MANCHESTER UNITED'S FUTURE.


Ashley Young admits his Manchester United future is uncertain.
Young turned down a lucrative move to Chinese Super League side Shandong in February to pledge his immediate future to Old Trafford.

Despite captaining United for the first time against Chelsea on Sunday, the win was only his sixth Premier League start of the campaign and he wants to play more regularly.

According to The Mirror, Young, 31, has another season left on his contract, plus the option of another year, and hinted he will look at his options again in the summer.

"There is always speculation, especially when there is a transfer window and you're not playing," he said.

"But I have always said that I want to play as much as possible. What the future holds, I'm not too sure."

Young was honoured to lead United out against Chelsea and says his focus is on trying to win the Europa League and qualify for the Champions League.

"I'm just concentrating on each game and when the manager calls on me, I will give 100 per cent and look to play as well as I can," he said.

"I'm looking to play as many games as I can between now and the end of the season.

That's what I'm concentrating on now. That's the main focus for me and then we'll see what happens."

No comments: