Thursday, April 6, 2017

JESSE LINGARD HAS SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT AT MANCHESTER UNITED, WORTH £100,000 PER WEEK.


Manchester United's winger, Jesse Lingard has extended his Old Trafford contract.

The 24-year-old, who came through the ranks at the Club, will commit his future to the Red Devils for the next four years.

He told the club's official website: “Manchester United has always been a big part of my life. I have been with the club since the age of seven and I feel great pride every time I pull the shirt on.

To have scored in two cup finals for my boyhood club were immensely proud moments for me and my family.

"As a team, we have already won a major trophy this season and I look forward to helping us win many more under this great manager.

I would like to say a special thank you to the fans for the great support they have always given me and the team.”

United's Boss Jose Mourinho this to say: "Jesse has been with the club since the age of seven.

He has good intelligence which, when combined with his energy and ability, makes for a player with a great future ahead of him.

Jesse is a popular member of the squad and I am delighted he has signed a new contract."

The Warrington-born England star previously said: ''I enjoy playing for Man United and my heart is at Man United.
“There's a lot of competition for places but I think that’s good for the group.

It’s always good to have great players around you.
“You have to battle for your place and it makes you more hungry on the training pitch and you know when you get your chance, you have to take it.

“The likes of Mkhitaryan, Zlatan, Pogba, big names in our team, it always good to look up to them and see what they have achieved and obviously we gain that experience off them and learn off them, especially the young players.

“It’s always good to have that hunger to try to break into that team.”

Lingard has saluted former boss Louis van Gaal for giving him a chance to break through at United saying: “He gave most people their debuts.

“With a different manager, you never know. He might not have given Marcus Rashford his debut, or played me. I think it’s good to have managers who trust young players.”

But while he's still fighting for a regular starting place at United, Lingard is happy under Jose Mourinho's leadership despite being frozen out early season after the League defeat by Manchester City.

“You always want to play football and the boss at Manchester United, Jose Mourinho has given a lot of chances to the young lads and we have taken our chances and it is now about carrying that on.

“The manager saw what me and Marcus did last season and knew he could have trusted us this season. He trusts in young players and young players trust him as well.”

No comments: