Thursday, April 20, 2017

EDEN HAZARD SPEAKS ON HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH JOSE MOURINHO DURING THE PORTUGUESE'S TIME AT CHELSEA.


Chelsea star Eden Hazard has strongly hit back at reports that he had a falling out with Jose Mourinho and says he has a close relationship with the 'Special One', reports The Mirror.

Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea 18 months ago, just seven months after winning the Premier League title, following a nightmare start to the season as they hovered just above the relegation zone.

Hazard, who was voted player of the year the previous season, failed to show the same kind of form and Chelsea suffered nine defeats in the first 16 games.

The disappointing form showed by Hazard was said to be one of the major factors behind the club's slump and reports suggested that his relationship with Mourinho turned sour.

But the Belgian superstar is adamant that was not the case and says he always has a strong relationship with his manager.

Hazard, speaking on TF1's Telefoot, said: “With Jose I had a super rapport.

“The year before, I was the Player of the Season and maybe he expected more from me. I was not so good and it was complicated.

“I was always close with him and with Antonio Conte it’s the same.”

Hazard was asked about the differences between Mourinho and his current boss Conte and if the Italian coach has a different way of getting the best out of his players.

Hazard added: “They have different methods. Conte works a great deal on tactics but Mourinho let it be.

“For me, I had great moments with Mourinho for two years and this year with Conte everything is going very well.

I always take the positive from coaches.
“The two are different managers. They have always won, here and in the past.

Many people said I didn’t listen to Mourinho, but that’s not the case.

“It’s not at all the case, I’ve always had a lot of respect for him.”

No comments: