Friday, October 21, 2016

"I'M NO LONGER INVINCIBLE"...MOURINHO.



Jose Mourinho admitted that he returns to former club Chelsea on Sunday with his aura of invincibility there having gone.

Mourinho possessed an enviable record at Stamford Bridge, not losing 77 Premier League home games.

But last season's poor form, which saw Roman Abramovich sack Mourinho in December, saw that proud record crumble.

Mourinho returned as an opposing boss with Inter Milan in 2010.
Inter won 1-0 in a Champions League game that eventually saw Chelsea eliminated on a 2-1 aggregate score.

The Special One said, “When I played there with Inter, I had never lost a match at Stamford Bridge because I had that home record,”

“Now I've lost a few matches at the Bridge. Last season I lost two or three matches at the Bridge, so I cannot use the same words, because now I've lost there.

"In Chelsea, I had so many good things, so many good things in terms of results, so many good things of friends that I have for life, the supporters, they didn't change their relation with me because of last season, so I keep all these good memoeis.


Mourinho said he had been preparing for the day he'll clash with his old Club, and admitted he was ready for a return to the bridge.

"If now I go there as Manchester United manager and they decide to have a different approach I will always respect that," said Mourinho.

“I knew that, working in England and staying in the Premier League, that sooner or later I had to play against Chelsea and go to Stamford Bridge. The computer has decided it is to go now. And here we go.

"What Manchester United fans expect from me is more important in this moment, what Manchester United fans can expect from me is to play against Chelsea the same way I play against Fenerbahce, I play against Liverpool, I play against anyone, because it's my job."


When he was asked to analyze Chelsea's start to the season under Antonio Conte, Mourinho said: “I don’t have to analyse their start to the season.

“But you look to the table and you see where they are. They're in a good position. So the start of the season cannot be bad if they are where they are.”

Chelsea are currently placed 5th in the league but could be overtaken by seven placed United if they fail to win on Sunday.

No comments: