Wednesday, October 19, 2016

I COULDN'T EAT FOR TWO DAYS AFTER CHELSEA BEAT US IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL... BOATENG.



 Jerome Boateng has revealed that he couldn't eat for two days after that Champions League Final loss to Chelsea in 2012. The German defender's weak challenge allowed Blues striker Didier Drogba to head a late equaliser in the final in Munich and the Chelsea went on to win on penalties.

"I couldn't eat for two days straight after that, it hurt so much," he told EPSN .

"It was a training ground move. Somebody -- I think it was [Branislav] Ivanovic -- blocked me off the ball, so I had no chance of getting to Drogba in time.

"There's not a lot you can do about it if it's done that well. In any case, we had enough chances to win the game before and after that. It wasn't only my fault."


The German Star though bounced back to win the Champions League the Following year, and the World Cup in 2014.

No comments: