Sunday, October 16, 2016

RELAX! YOU HAVE NOT SEEN MY BEST YET... ANTHONY MARTIAL.



Anthony Martial insists that his best is yet to come. The 20-year old announced himself to the Old Trafford faithful with that exquisite solo goal against Liverpool last season. He went on to score 16 more goals in the season. However, the forward had scored only once this season, and that strike has given him confidence moving forward.

“It’s a big season for me and I want to be better than last year,” he said.

“I don’t think you have seen the true Martial at Man United yet. I know I can perform better, I know I can do more.

“But I’m convinced this season can be my year. It’s a feeling I have.”
 Martial realises that competition is very intense at Old Trafford at the moment for attackers especially, following the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the emergence of Marcus Rashford.

“I am a professional footballer and it’s a game where the coach decides where you can be most beneficial for the team,” he said. “As long as I am attacking, I am happy! I know what Jose Mourinho decides will be best for me, personally, and for the team.”

He added: “I have many aspects of my game I need to improve and that’s what I am focusing on. I prefer not to say what they are in public – for me, it’s a secret and I just want to work hard.

“When I look back, I think I could have done more last season, but I have to be positive. I didn’t think I’d play so quickly and get a regular place at my age.

“It is not easy to arrive in a different country and adapt quickly, but I think I’m getting there and I’m proud of that. But I want to be even better this season.”

Ahead of Monday night clash versus Liverpool, the £36m forward said:
“These are big games,”

“I think that this year there are many teams in the title race – City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea and ourselves could all be there.
“But there can only be one champion, so every game is really important.”

No comments: