Friday, October 21, 2016

'AGUERO COULD LEAVE'...GUARDIOLA.


 Man City striker Sergio Aguero was left out of City's starting line-up for their 4-0 Champions League defeat to Barcelona at the Nou Camp on Wednesday.

However, there were speculations in some quarters that there's a rift between Coach Guardiola and the Argentinian and also City's skipper Vincent Kompany who didn't feature in the game as well.

The Spanish coach however, countered such rumours during his press conference on Friday. Guardiola said: "Out of my plans?

"I think I took a decision about my plans, and my plans are that Sergio and Vincent are part of the future of Manchester City.

"When Sergio decides to leave City, it will be his decision. Kompany was not fit.
"Aguero was a tactical decision, we wanted more in the middle.

"I try to keep the ball in Camp Nou, because I believe when you have the ball, [Lionel] Messi, [Luis] Suarez and Neymar don't have it and they are still dangerous, but less dangerous.

"I spoke to Sergio about that, he was so understanding. He helped us a lot in the last minutes. That was the reason why."

The Spanish boss said: "I spoke with Sergio, we talked about that, he was so understanding and I thought he could help us a lot from the bench. If the game was close, in the last 30 or 35 minutes and their central defenders were tired, I thought Sergio could help us a lot.

"I appreciate him like a football player and appreciate like a man what he did here."
Regarding Kompany, Guarduiola said: "I have never been with Vincent in the past. What I saw when he is fit, guys he's a real central defender. I like him.

"But we tried to take care of him. He went to the doctors in Barcelona and said 'I'm not able to play'."

Guardiola added, "My decision was to leave Aguero on the bench," said Guardiola. "If we lose, I'm guilty, if we win, I'm a genius.

"I said we were not ready to win the Premier League when we won the first 10 games. We won 6-0 in Bucharest, but the result was [really] 10-0. We created chances and missed two penalties.

"We have to improve but that is normal. Three months together, you cannot imagine how difficult it is to build something.

"Barcelona have been playing together for 15 years, they play in a natural way. We are improving, some of the things we did [against Barca] we did really well."

Aguero, have already scored 11 times in 10 appearances this season.

No comments: