Friday, October 21, 2016

POGBA DISAGREES WITH MOURINHO.



Fans were baffled by the penalty strategy Manchester United deployed when two different players Pogba and Martial scored from the penalty spot during their 4-1 Europa League win over Fernabache.

The Special One insists that Pogba is the Red Devils' penalty taker.


Wayne Rooney, who has been United's first choice from 12 yards over the years, started the match but did not step up to take either of the penalties during the first half.

Rooney had a chat with Pogba before the Frenchman stepped up to score his first goal of the game.

A second penalty came just minutes later when Martial was fouled , and the striker took the penalty himself.

  "The first penalty taker was Paul - we made the decision, Mourinho told BT SPORT.

"He didn't want to repeat because it's a second penalty a couple of minutes later. Probably because Martial won it and he's a good penalty taker.

"It's not a problem for me. I always give indication of the one that has the responsibility [Pogba] but leave freedom for the players on the pitch [to make the decision]."

However, Pogba  disagrees with Mourinho.
He said: "It was myself or Wayne [to take the penalty]. He let me take it and I'm very happy to score the penalty.

I respect a player like him who is captain to let me take it so I'm very glad for that."

No comments: