Saturday, October 15, 2016

LIVERPOOL ARE NOT SPECIAL... MOURINHO.



Jose Mourinho insists he takes no extra satisfaction from beating Liverpool. The Special One branded Liverpool a big club that is nothing special.
When Mourinho was asked if he took any extra pleasure from breaking Anfield hearts, he was plain.

“No,” he said. “For me, playing Liverpool is just to play against a big club.
“In Madrid, I wanted to play against Barcelona and I wanted to play against Atletico and against Valencia.

“In Inter, I wanted to play against Milan, against Juventus, against Roma. In Chelsea, I wanted to play against Man United, against Liverpool, against Arsenal, against all the big clubs in the country.

“And now at Man United it is the same so I love to play against the big opponents - and Liverpool is a big opponent.


“I celebrated in 2014 because of what happened before that match.
“Chelsea had a Champions League semi-final to play and we wanted to play Liverpool on the Saturday because the Champions League was on the Tuesday.

“What happened was that we had to play on the Sunday, when Atletico Madrid were playing on the Friday. So we felt that match was set-up for Liverpool to be champions. In fact we went there with the players that were not playing against Atletico, because we had no chance of the title.

"Everybody was waiting for something different than what actually happened.”
Asked if Liverpool are title contenders, Mourinho said,

“That is not my problem, “I think we have a very difficult match on Monday and I think Liverpool also have a very difficult match on Monday.
“It is not for me to say that they are or they are not title contenders. I think you have to ask them.”


Mourinho also cranked up the pressure on Manchester based referee Anthony Taylor who will be officiating the game.

Mourinho added: “Our disciplinary record is really, really good. We don’t have any problems at all at this level.

“We are a team that plays with discipline, we are a team that is following everything that was told to us in the meetings we had with the Premier League and the referees.
“We don’t press referees and we behave on the touchline, so that is a point we are very comfortable with.”

No comments: