Saturday, October 15, 2016

DIEGO COSTA CAN'T CONTROL ME... ANTONIO CONTE.



Antonio Conte told Diego Costa who the boss is at Chelsea.  The Spaniard signalled to the bench that he wanted to be substituted midway through the second half having scored the opening goal before goals by Eden Hazard and Victor Moses wrapped up the 3-0 win.

He was only one booking away from being suspended for Jose Mourinho’s return with Manchester United next Saturday and was also touching a hamstring later in the game, and he didn’t want to risk missing that match.

But Conte, refused to take him off and, when Costa realised he’d be staying on, he made his fury clear by gesticulating frantically towards his manager.

“I decided. Always I take the responsibility in every situation, in positive or negative situations, the 47year old said.

“It’s always my decision whether or not a player is substituted. If I can, I keep Costa until the end of the game.

“He is an important player for us. He has a good personality and transfers his passion, and we need that passion in every moment of the game.

"I know I risked it because, if Costa took another yellow card, he would miss the next game.

“But, I repeat, Costa’s passion is important for the team. He must transfer this in every game and in every single minute of the game.”

No comments: