Thursday, December 22, 2016

''I LIKE WATCHING CHELSEA, BUT THEY MAY NOT WIN THE LEAGUE''...NEVILLE.


Gary Neville insists it is too soon to put Chelsea ribbons on the Premier League trophy.

Antonio Conte’s side are hot favourites to win the title with six points clear at the top following a brilliant 11-game winning run.

Sky Sports Personality, Neville does believe they have all it takes to go all the way and be crowned champions in May.

But he admits he still has lingering doubts, due to concerns about how the Blues would cope if one of their key players, Diego Costa and Eden Hazard, gets injured.

Neville said: “I didn’t think they would be champions at the start of the season. I’m still not sure, I wouldn’t fully trust any of them yet, but they do like they are producing the type (champions) performances.

“The Southampton away one, that’s the one where I thought, that’s a championship winning performance.

But it is too early in the season to hand them the title.

“You still have to have doubts over them through the fact, for instance, if you got an injury to Eden Hazard, an injury to Diego Costa.

“You have to throw in the doubts that exist. They are such important players''.
The former Manchester United and England defender added:

“They have got the mental strength. If they steer clear of injuries, they’ve got a great fixture programme over Christmas, they’ve got players who’ve won the league before, they’ve got a lot going for them.

“Does that mean to say I’m sure they’ll win the league?
"No.

"There are still too many variables for me. But I like what I am seeing from them, they are playing well, I like watching them and they have a really good balance.”

Neville was also keen to highlight one other player whom he thinks has been part of the key components of Conte's efficient 'engine'.

He said: “People think I’m critical of goalkeepers but they’ve got a world class goalkeeper who I love watching. He is a goalkeeper I’d love to have in my net.

Please, put that in your headline : THIBAUT COURTOIS - WONDERFUL.

No comments: