Thursday, December 29, 2016

KLOPP REACTS SMARTLY TO GUARDIOLA'S 'SPYING' OF HIS LIVERPOOL SIDE.



Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola was spotted in the crowd for the game between Liverpool and Stoke City on Tuesday, sitting alongside Sunderland manager David Moyes and Liverpool legend Alan Hanson.

Wearing a hat, Guardiola had attempted to go incognito, but was picked out by TV cameras on a night where Liverpool won 4-1.

The Reds host the Citizens at Anfield on new year's eve; a game which will certainly have a bearing on the Championship and scramble for the top four positions.

Speaking after the Stoke City game, Jurgen Klopp was asked what he thought of the rival manager spying on his team, who are one point behind his own in the table.

He said: "I don't know. I respect them a lot, but I have not been to City's stadium this season or last to watch games. ''Maybe they want to watch good football, maybe Pep saw nothing tonight?

"The game is on the 31st. So whatever I say tonight, we cannot win it tonight. But maybe I could say a few things that make it more difficult for us. It's probably best I shut my mouth!"

On the fixture itself, he added: "We are already looking forward. It's a difficult game for both teams, but an exciting one.

 The best news for us is that it's at Anfield. "What can I say, I'm really looking forward to it. They're an outstanding side, we are not too bad. It'll be a nice game."

We cannot wait either!

No comments: