Tuesday, December 13, 2016

''MANAGERS HAVE TO WIN OR SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN'' - GUARDIOLA READY FOR THE SACK.



Pep Guardiola admits his job could ultimately be on the line if he cannot improve Manchester City's poor form.

City have won just four of their last 15 games after winning their first 10 under Guardiola. The Spaniard accepts he is to blame.

"The last month, I have to accept, we have to accept, it's not going well," Guardiola said.
"The last four games at home, we didn't win and we scored four goals in four games at home.

"I don't have a defence of that, but you don't change what you believe, you improve on what you believe."

The former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss claims he will be judged on results, just like other managers.

But he insists he will not change his  philosophy to get results in the short-term.
"No, no way," he insisted.

"We are going to play the way I feel, making mistakes, but I cannot do something I don't feel.

"Football does not exist as a long-term project. You have to win immediately and if you don't win, you are in trouble. When you don't win there are many reasons - maybe the opponent is better.

"You have to minimise mistakes to win games, I believe in the way I like to play, so I'm sorry, I can't do that.

"The boss and the chairman are going to decide, but no way.
"It's not going too well, of course, long-term projects do not exist in football.

Then another guy has to be in charge because you have to win.

"Of course the club has to prepare in the long term, but the coaches, the managers, they have to win, or something is going to happen."

No comments: