Saturday, December 24, 2016

JOSE MOURINHO ADDRESSES THE MEDIA AHEAD OF BOXING DAY CLASH WITH SUNDERLAND



ON MORGAN SCHNEIDERLIN

"He’s a great professional, a fantastic boy, very honest, very open. He opened his heart a couple of times, and my answer is simple - if he’s playing regularly with me, I have the right to say ‘no way’.

"If he’s not playing regularly then I have no right to say to a player ‘no’. So my answer was that if an offer is right and our board thinks that offer is a good offer in relation to the quality of a player like Morgan, then I would not stop him from going.”

ON FESTIVE FIXTURES

“The busy period is for some clubs, not for everyone. If you analyse clubs, the fixtures are chosen to give rest for some and to create problems to others.

“But we are used to it because we’re in the Europa League and that is a competition that creates more difficulties – we know that, Southampton know that and Tottenham will find out.”

ON INJURIES

“It’s good for us to have everyone available, but Luke Shaw and he’s not far.”

ON CENTRE-BACK OPTIONS

“Central-defender position we have now all of them, Chris Smalling is back, Eric Bailly is back, Daley Blind is fine, Marcos Rojo is fine.

“It’s a position where it’s important to have stability in options. We were in a difficult position a couple of months ago, but now we’re safe.

“We know Bailly is going to the African Cup of Nations in January, but for the next three matches we know what we have.”

ON OLD TRAFFORD ADAPTATION

"For me it was easy [to acclimatise]. It’s a difficult job, but it’s easy to feel at home, easy to feel good at the club, easy to feel that the club wants to progress and the people want to be happy again. I felt good immediately, I’ve had five or six months here and have really felt at home so, for me, it was easy.

"Expectations are high, results are up and down, and we are in a position where we don’t want to be. I have passion for my work, passion for my new work. I’m feeling really happy here.”

ON ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC

"I’m really happy for him because maybe some people could think top scorer but not anymore at 35, not anymore because the Premier League is not Ligue 1 but 35 for him is the same as 25.

"He scores goals and plays well and I am really happy for him because he will end his career in a high, he’s not ending his career in America or China so I’m really pleased with him, his record is good, it can improve, with no penalties, which is amazing.

"He had one penalty in 17 Premier League matches so I couldn’t be happier for him.”

ON CONSIDERING BECOMING SIR ALEX FERGUSON'S SUCCESSOR IN 2013

“Not really, not really, I was in another club. When I am in a club I just think about the club and I don’t lose my time thinking about other things so not really, what I knew was the evolution of the Premier League.

I knew the direction of the Premier League, and I knew that periods of domination belong to the past because the PL was already going in an incredible direction and it is what it is now.”

No comments: