Saturday, March 25, 2017

MAN. UTD'S ANTHONY MARTIAL REVEALS WHY HE WILL NOT LEAVE THE CLUB.


Anthony Martial has hailed Manchester United's supporters and says they are the main reason he wants to stay at the club for years to come.

The Frenchman who made a big money move from Monaco in 2015, enjoyed a stellar debut campaign England scoring a decent 17 goals.

The 21-year old has however, struggled to replicate that form this time around. He has only scored seven times this season, having struggled for game time under new United manager Jose Mourinho.

However, despite his struggles Martial has no desire to leave Old Trafford - and claims the fans are a big reason behind that.

"For me, what’s really special here is the supporters," Martial told Inside United.

"They’ve been really outstanding with me. I think that’s what goes a long way to making me feel at home and at ease, and makes me really keen to stay here at the club.

“In France, even if you’re one of the best players around, they might begin to boo and jeer you if you go a couple of games without scoring.

But here it’s just the opposite, they’ll try to cheer you on so you might be able to score, and so then you grow in confidence.

“I think it’s just a different mentality. That’s why I like the fans here so much.”

No comments: