Saturday, March 25, 2017

ROMELU LUKAKU HAS ALREADY DECIDED WHERE HIS FUTURE LIES.


Romelu Lukaku says “the decision has already been made” over his future.

The Belgian striker, the Premier League’s top scorer this season, looked set to sign a new contract with Everton last month.

The player’s agent, Mino Raiola, had claimed a deal to extend his stay at Goodison Park was “99.9 per cent agreed”.

However, Lukaku has since told Everton that he will not be signing a new 5-year deal as he claims his aim is to play Champions League football, do great things with clubs that match his lofty ambitions.

When asked on Friday about the situation, Lukaku who has scored 21 Premier League goals this season responded:
"The decision has already been made so I can't talk about that.”

But one week after criticising Everton’s ambition to challenge for top players, Lukaku has been forced to defend his own ambition, having publicly stated his desire to play in the Champions League.

"There is nothing wrong with ambition. You have to embrace it and where you are as a footballer," he said.

"I've made a long way until now but the road is still long and I know I have to improve and get better.

I want to help Everton as much as I can, as well as the national team. I think a lot of stuff can be achieved.

"Sometimes people will mistake things that I say but it's just ambition that I have; I want to win titles and trophies and I don't think people should take that as arrogance -- people should embrace it.

"This is what footballers need to achieve if they want to become the best, and I think young kids need to learn that too."

No comments: