Tuesday, November 7, 2017

ANTHONY MARTIAL KNOWS EXACTLY HOW TO 'BENCH' RASHFORD.


Anthony Martial has started this season well and was crowned Red Devils' player of the month for October.

But despite his accolade, the 21-year-old has struggled to start a consistent number of games in a row under Jose Mourinho who prefer to either play the French winger or Marcus Rashford in the left wing position.

Martial has been named in a Premier League first XI for United just three times this term, coming off the bench on a further seven ocassions.

The Frenchman has managed an impressive four goals in those outings, from only 11 shots on goal.
A recent study revealed that Martial's strike rate of 36.36 percent places him fifth in the most efficient players across Europe's top five leagues.

Martial who is enjoying his football at the moment but prefer to always be on the starting eleven told SFR Sport how he is getting about his duties at Old Trafford.

"It’s easier to start the game," Martial said.

 "When you come off the bench, the other players are warmed up, they’re totally in the game, and you have to get into it straight away. I prefer to start the game, I have more time to get myself into the game.

"I have faith in my qualities, and I think the manager has confidence in me, too, so it’s up to me to continue putting in good performances, and if I do that, I think I’ll play a bit more.

"We all prefer to play, even if at United when I come off the bench, I make a difference.

I prefer to start games and show what I’m capable of. When you score and you’re a forward, you’re happy. It’s going well. Even though I’m a substitute, I play often.

"I’ve played three, two games in the Champions League, I play one game in two. It’s going well. I’d like to play more - that’s going to come through my performances."


Source: www.clubgist.com

No comments: