Monday, November 20, 2017

POGBA REVEALS WHO HE BELIEVES IS THE BEST STRIKER IN ENGLAND.


Paul Pogba has labelled team-mate Romelu Lukaku as the "best striker in the Premier League".

The Belgium international, who previously hadn't scored for seven club games, coincidentally ended his goal drought on Pogba's return from a two-month injury layoff, by grabbing Manchester United's fourth in their 4-1 victory over Newcastle.

The goal against Newcastle was Lukaku's eighth in 12 Premier League games; which puts him second on goal tally with Alvaro Morata, Sergio Aguero, Gabriel Jesus and Harry Kane.

Liverpool's Mohamed Salah still top the charts with nine goals.

That notwithstanding, Pogba believes Lukaku is still the best.

"It feels good when you come back and Romelu scores again? I like that, I like that," Pogba told BBC Sport. "No. We’ve got a lot of good players, a lot of talented players. We have to trust each other.

"Romelu is the best striker in the Premier League. We know his quality. We know everything. We don’t worry about him. And at the end, we see the result."

Now, does Pogba still believe that United will close the eight-point gap, City have on them?
"The season is very long, of course," Pogba added. "If I don’t believe that, I’d stop playing.

"If I don’t believe we can still win the league, I better stop. I’ll leave my boots and stop playing football cause I’m a believer we keep fighting."

Source: www.clubgist.com

No comments: