Thursday, November 30, 2017

MY PLAYERS PLAYED AN INTELLIGENT GAME; ANTONIO CONTE.


Chelsea registered their fifth win in their last six league games as they kept up their pursuit of Manchester City at the top of the table, thanks to Antoine Rudiger’s second-half header.

However, it wasn't a rollercoaster stuff at Stamford Bridge and Conte lost his temper and ranted at fourth official Lee Mason as referee Neil Swarbrick failed to award his side a corner. The Italian, whose red card was his first in English football, could face a touchline ban.

Here are the manager’s main comments from his post-match interviews and press conference…

THE SENDING OFF
After the game it is normal and right to apologise for what happened during the game. In the first half Swansea was wasting time. I said this a few times to the fourth official, I didn’t see something had changed in the first half. I was frustrated for this situation and tried to tell again. The referee took this decision but I apologise. I made a mistake.
During the game I suffer with my players. It is a pity.

STRANGE FEELING
I don’t like to watch in the dressing room. I suffer in the same way to watch it on the video. It is very strange for me to not be communicating with the players.

SIMILAR EXPERIENCE
With Juventus, about five years ago, against Genoa.
I just said [this time] that they are wasting time. A bit animated, I shouted this, and for this reason the fourth official lost his patience. The fault was mine, not the fourth official. I was frustrated.

I SAID NOTHING DIFFERENT
I repeat, I said what happened and I shouted this after a few times that I said the same concept. Not that I said anything different.

MAN CITY WON AGAIN
(smiles) They won again at the end, 96. I remember another game against Bournemouth and Huddersfield. Sterling is very dangerous. I have a great respect for a team that doesn’t give up until the end. If they win these games it means they trust until the end. They are doing something incredible, sometimes you can be lucky but it is normal. We have to go game by game and we are improving from the season. We have a good balance and we had a lot of good chances.

A GOOD WIN
This type of game, you can score early or have a lot of patience to score. You must pay attention for the counter attack. This type of game you have a lot of desire to win. I think my players never lost the balance and played an intelligent game. A good win. We must be very good also to win this type of game.

UNDEFEATED RUN
My feeling now is that we are better than before when we started this season. We started it with many problems and we are tyring to solve these problems. Now we are improving and trying another system of play. I have the opportunity to alternate this system.

DAVID LUIZ'S INJURY
Now it is very difficult. He had liquid in his knee and we have to assess his recovery on the time, I hope to not lose him for a lot of time and I need to have all my players.

Source: www.clubgist.com

No comments: