Wednesday, January 18, 2017

LOUIS VAN GAAL BACKTRACKS ON RETIREMENT.


Louis van Gaal has backtracked on his suggestion on Monday that he has retired from coaching. The former Manchester United manager is still open to returning if he receives an attractive offer.

The 65-year-old appeared to signal the end of his career in an interview with the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, which stated “events in his family” had caused him to turn down a lucrative offer from China worth £11m a season.

He told the Spanish radio station Cadena Ser on Tuesday that he is just taking a sabbatical after leaving Old Trafford last May, although he admitted retirement was a still a possibility.

“Whether I continue or not will also depend on the offers I get,” Van Gaal said. “I’ve coached many clubs and I think it’s very difficult to improve on that level of clubs. It’s not true I’ve retired, not at this moment, but I’ll decide at the end of my sabbatical, next June or July.”

He also admitted he rejected the chance to manage Valencia last month.

Van Gaal has not worked since leading United to victory over Crystal Palace in the FA Cup Final.

No comments: