Monday, September 12, 2016

I WILL DROP THEM.. MOURINHO SET TO AXE STARS WHO FLOPPED ON DERBY DAY DEFEAT


Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho hints that he will be axing his derby day flops. He also admitted that he equally flopped by not starting Kid sensation - Marcus Rashford who impressed as a second half substitute.
"The performances are the deciding factor, Mourinho said. "How can I decide? "Performances are the only way that I can decide. "So if you are asking me if they are going to play against Feyenoord (Man Utd's opening group game in Rotterdam on Thursday), then no.

"And it's not to punish them, the Special one said, it's just to decide in relation to what I have. And what do I have? Their performances. So, of course I am going to play other players.
Mourinho also admitted that some of his stars were overwhelmed by the occasion.
"Let's speak, for example about Mkhitaryan: how many big matches has he played ? The kid Jesse, how many times has he played big matches?
"So you never know the way players are going to react, especially when you don't know them so well.
Speaking about Rashford, "for me, the next big game is Feyenoord, and he is going to play, that's the only thing I can say, Mourinho added.

"I trust him completely. I know his future will absolutely brilliant. He's mainly a No. 9, Mourinho said. "If you want to play him in different positions, we need to work on him ,but his big personality is there.
"Normally, people look to the football talent, but the personality at this level is very very important, and he was showing that last season. He was showing that immediately.

No comments: