Saturday, September 10, 2016

MOURINHO REACTS TO DEFEAT


Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho has reacted to their derby-day defeat to City rivals.
Goals from Kevin De Bruyne and Kelechi Iheanacho sent the citizens on their way to a well deserved victory. Zlatan Ibrahimovic pulled one back for United but it was a mere consolation.
Mourinho spoke to the Media after the game.
'I am clearly disappointed with the first half, he said. 'Disappointed with some really poor individual performances that affected the level of the team.
The Portuguese substituted Mkhitaryan and Lingard at half time, but he insists that his team's poor first half weren't the fault of the substituted duo.

"It was not about them, Mourinho said of the substituted players. 'Other players were also not playing really well and obviously, as well as my decision I don't like to go in the direction of singling out players.
'Let's say our team didn't play well in the first half and their responsibilities are my responsibilities. 'We didn't have a tactical problem, we had problems with poor performances. 'We lost the ball very very easy. 'Even now, our central defenders today lost easy balls, bad passes, first station passes, from Bailly to Fellaini and Blind to Pogba.

"We lost the ball in these kind of positions, so it was not Mkhitaryan and Jese  'It was much more than Mikhi and Jese. "I made a couple of decisions that I thought individual qualities of certain players would give me what I know that I want and I didn't get it.
"And at the same time, because we were loosing the ball so easily under the pressing we were making, we were never able to bring the defensive line in our half.
Manchester United were already down by two goals in less than 40minutes of play.
"I didn't change after 20minutes because I don't want to destroy the players. 'I didn't want to make three changes at half time because I was afraid, in a long 45minutes, something might happen, but if it was a sport in free number of changes during the first half is normal, like basketball, I would do after 20minutes.
But I did at half time, we changed the direction of the game, but we didn't get the compensation I think we deserved in the second half.

No comments: