Wednesday, August 16, 2017

GYLFI SIGURDSSON BECOMES EVERTON'S MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYER.


Everton have smashed their transfer record to sign Swansea playmaker Gylfi Sigurdsson. Everton agreed to pay up to £45million, including add-ons.

Sigurdsson agreed a five-year deal at Goodison Park after undergoing a medical, with his arrival continuing an impressive summer for the club.

He is expected to be paraded before Thursday's Europa League clash with Hajduk Split.

“Hopefully I will continue to create goals and score goals for the team and contribute to the kind of success we’re seeking at the club,” Sigurdsson declared.

“This is an ambitious club and it is clear we are moving in a really good direction.

The most important thing is that this team keeps winning games and climbing the table - and does that throughout the season.

“For myself, I would like to score as many goals as possible and create as many goals for my teammates as I can. These are my targets.

“But it is always the same thing: as long as the team is winning I will be more than happy.”

Everton signed Jordan Pickford, Michael Keane, Davy Klaasen and Sandro Ramirez, while Wayne Rooney has also rejoined the club.


No comments: