Monday, November 14, 2016

''I DIDN'T JOIN MAN UTD FOR MONEY... MKHITARYAN



Henrikh Mkhitaryan insists he has not come toManchester United to sit in the stands and pick up a fat pay cheque.

The £26m Armenian who was voted the Bundesliga's Players' Player of the year last season, has managed just one start under Jose Mourinho.

"I had three very successful years in Germany with Borussia Dortmund, but I had the opportunity to move to one of the biggest clubs in the highest-profile league in the world," the playmaker said.

"I was always taught by my father to challenge myself and to continue to evolve in my career and I saw the move to Manchester United as an opportunity to grow as a player and as a person.

"It was definitely not the salary that made me join Manchester United, I went for football reasons - for the history of the club, the league, the fans and the coach because he is one of the best in the world."

"There is not much sun, but I didn't move to Manchester to go to the beach," the 27-year old added.

"It has been relatively simple to adapt to the city because people are so friendly to me.
"It's a dynamic city and one I like to live in. I'm only missing playing time, but it will come for sure. I keep working hard and this will pay off."

No comments: