Wednesday, July 19, 2017

JUVENTUS HAVE COMPLETED THE SIGNING OF GOALKEEPER WOJCIECH SZCZESNY FROM ARSENAL.


Szczesny, 27, who spent the last two seasons on loan with Roma has now agreed to compete with the veteran Gianluigi Buffon for the gloves at the Allianz Stadium.

The fee is reportedly 11.3 million euros (£10million) for a player who made almost 200 appearances in all competitions for Arsenal.

After committing to the Old Lady until 2021, the Pole told juventus.com: "I'm really happy to be here.

I've already spoken to Buffon, a legend in our game, and I can learn a lot from him.

"I'm not feeling any pressure, I'm here to represent the club at the highest level. When you come to Juve, it's because you've been chosen. I had no hesitation.

"In football there's always room for improvement.

I'm proud of the work I've done thus far and I'm ready for this new challenge - Juventus is the best choice for the next stage of my career.

"Do I have any weaknesses? No, I'm a Juventus player now!"

No comments: