Monday, July 24, 2017

LUKAKU HAVE REVEALED WHO ACTUALLY CONVINCED HIM TO JOIN UNITED.


Romelu Lukaku says that Jose Mourinho's plans to "rebuild" Manchester United convinced him to move this summer.


United forked out an initial £75million for the Belgium international, whose mind was made up by his manager's plans rather than the persuasive powers of close friend Paul Pogba.

"We were just on holiday together," Lukaku said of Pogba, whom he was away with in Los Angeles as the move was completed.

"At the end of the day I had to make my own choices.

"It was the conversation I had with the manager that really convinced me the most, the plans and how he wanted to rebuild the club and he wanted me to be part of it.
"I am grateful for the chance."

"It feels great (to be a United player)," Lukaku said in Washington. "It is something I always wanted.

"I always wanted to play for a club of this stature. Now I am here I want to take my chance and try to deliver as much as I could for the club.

"I don't want to talk about personal ambitions. I just want to work hard on a daily basis and win as many games as I can."

"It has gone well for the team," Lukaku said of the build-up to the 2017-18 season.

''Everybody is well prepared.
"We are working really hard and delighted to be here and we need to keep going."

No comments: