Monday, October 23, 2017

BEST FIFA FOOTBALL AWARDS.



Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar and Lionel Messi are set to battle it out for the main prize at the Best FIFA Football Awards.

Portuguese superstar Ronaldo won the prestigious award last year and is the favourite to retain the award.

List of other categories and nominees in full.

Men’s Player: Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi. Neymar.

Women’s Player: Deyna Castellanos, Carli Lloyd, Lieke Martens.

Men’s Coach: Massimiliano Allegri, Antonio Conte, Zinedine Zidane.

Women’s Coach: Nils Nielsen, Gerard Precheur, Sarina Wiegman.

Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Buffon, Keylor Navas, Manuel Neuer.

Puskás Award: Deyna Castellanos, Olivier Giroud, Oscarine Masuluke.

Fan Award: Borussia Dortmund supporters, Celtic supporters, FC Copenhagen supporters.

WINNERS
Olivier Giroud wins the Puskas award for his wonderful scorpion kick against Crystal Palace in the 2016/2017 Premier League season.

Here is what he said:
"It is an honour for me. I am delighted to win this trophy in front of legends of football.
Thanks to everyone who voted for me.
All the nominees were amazing goals.
Thanks to my teammates, without them I couldn’t have scored.
I want to dedicate this trophy to my dad.
“Practicing is a big reward and I just tried to put it in the net.
“At that moment I just thought I had to do it.

ZINEDINE ZIDANE WINS THE BEST COACH AWARD.
After leading Real Madrid to La Liga and Champions League double, the Frenchman deservedly wins the award.


GOALKEEPER OF THE YEAR.

The Italian shot stopper wins the award ahead of Keylor Navas and Manuel Neuer. He helped the Old Lady win the serie A title and the Champions League final.

Here is what he said;

“Now is the difficult moment because I have to speak in English. I will try to speak it.
“I am very happy because this is a great award to win at my age.
“I am proud of it. I say thanks to my club, coach and teammates because they make it possible.
“The last year has been fantastic for Juventus and me but it wasn’t enough to win in Europe.
Hopefully this year we can play better and win with the national team and Juventus.
“I would love to finish football with fantastic victories.


THE BEST FIFA WOMEN’S COACH WINNER  IS SARINA  WIEGMAN

She says...
“I am really sorry I can’t be here tonight.
“Thank you for the award, it is a great recognition but without the great team and staff we wouldn’t have achieved it.”

THE FIFA FAIR PLAY AWARD WINNER IS FRANCIS KONE.

He saved a player on the pitch.

FIFA FIFPRO WORLD 11

FIFA FIFPro World XI TEAM
Gianluigi Buffon
Dani Alves
Marcelo
Sergio Ramos
Leonardo Bonucci
Luca Modric
Toni Kroos
Andeas Iniesta
Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi
Neymar.

BEST FIFA WOMEN'S PLAYER WINNER IS LIEKE MERTENS

and she says..

“Thank you all to you all. I want to thank all my teammates without you I couldn’t achieve this.
“My family always drove me everywhere so mum and dad this one is for you."

THE BEST FIFA MEN’S PLAYER WINNER IS CRISTIANO RONALDO!!!!
The Real Madrid man scoops the top award ahead of Lionel Messi, and Neymar.

Ronaldo speaks..

“Thank you for voting for me.
“A mention for Leo and Neymar for being here.
“Thanks to Real Madrid teammates, coach and president they support me throughout the year.
“We are in England for the first time, I am really glad, it is a great moment for me.
“FIFA gives opportunity to the fans. I have fans around the world I appreciate that.
“It is great to be here around these great players, and this (Maradona) great player.
“Have a good night.

No comments: