Friday, October 20, 2017

CONTE HAS DESCRIBED MOURINHO'S COMMENTS AS "STUPID" AND GIVES UPDATE ON KANTE.


Chelsea will be going into this weekend's Premier League fixture with Watford on the back of two league defeats.
The Champions lost to leaders, Manchester City before the international break, and was also beaten by bottom team - Crystal Palace last weekend.

After Chelsea's Champions League 3-3 draw with Roma on Wednesday, Manchester United Manager Jose Mourinho aimed a dig at Conte by suggesting that rival bosses “cry” about injuries while he does not.

Speaking ahead of tomorrow’s game against
Watford, however, Conte insisted he had no regrets.

CONTE'S RESPONSE TO MOURINHO'S JIBE
“I think these are stupid things. For me, this is a stupid subject. A stupid issue. It's fun to see your interest in this. I'm surprised about this, honestly.”

“Regret? “Why? I think every coach, every manager has to talk about his job, about himself, about his team, about his players. Not the other (team's players).
“My answer is always the same. Every coach must be focused on his own work. That's the best way.”

ON TACTICS
“I have my methods. They're the same as last season when we won the league.
“Honestly, I think we are working maybe 70 percent less this season. Maybe for this reason we are having trouble. On tactical and physical aspects, less.

ON EXTRA WORK LOAD
“We are playing every three days. When you play every three days it's impossible to work above all on the physical aspects.
"On the tactical aspects you have to work less and pay less attention on every detail. We are doing this.”

ON CHELSEA'S WINLESS RUN
“After two defeats and a draw, I'm happy. I'm happy with the commitment of my players. But if you ask me about the last few results, I'm not happy. After two defeats and one draw, no coach can be happy.

DOES HE FEEL THE PRESSURE?
“If I stay under pressure? If I feel the pressure? I think every coach, every manager, has to feel the pressure. But I repeat: I try to give all of myself, to put all myself into my job.

“For this reason, I'm happy when I go to my house. I'm happy because I know that, in every moment, I put all myself into my job for this club, the fans, the players.

You know very well that anything can happen in football.”

He said: “I hope to have him back very soon, before the international break. He's progressing well. The scan was better than before. N'Golo has started to work, not with the group but to find a good fitness.

ON N'GOLO KANTE
“He could be an option, but honestly... if Kante is available before [for?] Manchester United and the game against Roma, I'll be very happy.”

No comments: