Friday, October 27, 2017

RECAP OF MOURINHO'S PRESS CONFERENCE AHEAD OF TOTTENHAM'S GAME.


Manchester United hosts Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
United are only ahead of Mauricio Pochettino's side on a superior goals.

And ahead of the early kickoff on Saturday, Mourinho spoke to the press on a number of issues; which included the gone fear element at Old Trafford, injury updates, the readiness of his team for the game.

ON INJURY FRONTS.
Mourinho said:
“Nobody is back. Jones was on the bench the other day and is okay. Bailly is a possibility.”
"I think we are fine, I think we are strong and I think we are ready.”

ON PROSPECTS OF HIS TEAM NOT FACING INJURED SPURS' STRIKER, HARRY KANE.
Mourinho said:
“We have no Zlatan Ibrahimovic, no Paul Pogba, no Marouane Fellaini, no Marcos Rojo, no Michael Carrick, so don’t speak to me about Harry Kane.”

ON TOTTENHAM'S QUALITY
Mourinho said:
“They are a very good team, one of the best in the league. They have a fantastic squad, a good manager, stability and years with the same manager, the same players. They are a really, really, really good team.”

TEAMS ARE NO LONGER AFRAID TO COME TO OLD TRAFFORD.
Mourinho replied:
“I don’t think it’s fear factor, I don’t think anyone is afraid to come and play us at Old Trafford.

“Just think normally we have good performances at home, we trust our game and yes, the results we can say positive at home.

“We had lots of draws last season, too many but normally at home we are a strong, confident team so we try to do something tomorrow.”

ON OLD TRAFFORD ATMOSPHERE
Mourinho said:
“I think we had some very good atmospheres last season at home when we played against the big teams.

"I can remember really good atmospheres against Chelsea and Liverpool, so if the supporters want then they can make it really good and positive for us.”

ON UNITED'S READINESS FOR SATURDAY'S GAME
Mourinho said:
“I think we are fine, I think we are strong and I think we are ready.


Source: www.clubgist.com

No comments: